Sunday, March 30, 2008

Riddle of the Day

Q: What's black and bejeweled in a sea of denim?

A: Me at the gala on Saturday night! I should have listened to my MIL when she called that morning to warn me off my new cocktail dress but noooooo, I just *had* to wear it! For a minute I thought about racing home to change but then convinced myself that it was I who was dressed correctly and all of those other schleps had the attire wrong. At least I felt better. Husband, in his infinite kindness, said nothing to exacerbate my unease.

Me:



Everyone Else:

7 comments:

K said...

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!

I really thought you'd be safe!! You should never be able to go wrong with the little black dress!! It's a staple for goodness sakes!

blog author said...

what an adorable dress!! i bet you 100 all the other girls were looking at you going "damn, i KNEW i should have worn a dress!" just keep in mind that you were definitely the hottest and best dressed there. and if anyone asked, you could have just said "oh, well, i just came from a MUCH fancier gala. with the president. of Russia. IN Russia. He flew us out there...yeah, on his private jet. for free. because we're BFFs...so, you know. i had to wear a dress."

Anonymous said...

Yeah what a bunch of schmucks! Doesn't anyone dress up anymore? I just know you looked great! Besides you wont be able to wear that dress much longer LOL!

L said...

I would take wearing that dress over jeans and a shirt any day of the week.

kay said...

i know you were the most stunning woman in the room! the rest of them were jealous i'm sure!

Katie said...

Yeah, I'll bet that they all felt underdressed. "Damnit, why didn't I wear my little black dress! GRRR!"

I would've laughed so hard if you would've gone up to one of the jeans wearers, looked them up and down and said "Hm. Nice jeans, schmuck. By the way, the president of Russia says hello." and walked off.

Femme au Foyer said...

Thanks, girls. Your comments definitely put the situation into perspective. No one seemed to pay notice to me except one of my MIL's friends who, as she raked her eyes over my attire (they all do that), declared, "Don't you look glamorous!"