Thursday, March 6, 2008

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Offer To Do Their Hair--Then Ruin It!

In keeping with my jealous nature, I offered to highlight my sister-in-law's beautiful hair in order to "save her money". I used to be a hairdresser (18 years ago) and am somehow still licensed in the state of VA. I bought some professional color that I had never used before (and thus had no idea how it worked) and proceeded to turn my sister-in-law's beautiful, golden highlights into an ashey shade of gray-blonde. I then convinced her that it looked good and that we should update her Glamour Shots. We chose the upstairs bathroom for our studio and used various backdrops to include the couch throw blanket and shower curtain. Genius!

Classic GS



Who, Lil' Ol' Me!?!


Did I hear a request for Shoulder Pads?



After she was ravaged by my brother...

9 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha, those are hilarious! Now where's the playful pose where she's just "one of the guys"? You know, where she's the beautiful, yet accessible girl... Kind of like Mel's Mickey Mouse hat picture.

Femme au Foyer said...

Well, we asked my brother to loan us one of his stupidest hats, but he lied and said that he didn't have any. Liar.

Also, I really did highlight and screw up her hair today. She was a good sport about it. We plan to try again on Sunday, so watch this space!

Anyone need highlights?

blog author said...

oh my...that was today?? hahahaha...i was thinking wow, those highlights aren't too bad for 18 years ago! hahah. poor cousin. she realizes you did it intentionally bc of her beautiful glamour shots, doesn't she?

K said...

I do, I do!! You did mine once.. they were the best I'd ever had. You were so meticulous. Which sucked when I had to go back to a regular hairstylist!!

So, if I see you coming at me with scissors and a bowl of bleach I'm delighted.. however, if you have a camera in hand I'm hightailing it.

I also thought that this photo of you sis-in-law was from 18 years ago! My credibility is questionable however, because I actually thought this was your cousin. I was wondering why your brother was ravaging her!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm slightly horrified you did that to our sis-in-law!

kay said...

oh my gosh. you know the scene in napoleon dynamite where deb is taking GS of uncle rico? she says make a fist and slowly bring it up to your chin. that pix is EXACTLY like the one of uncle rico!! (minus the blond highlight of course!)

hahahahaha!

Melissa said...

Oh you are reminding me that I need ot get my hair done

Femme au Foyer said...

Kay--you are a genius because that's EXACTLY how I got her to pose that way!!! I felt sooo Deb-like! I even put my hair in a side ponytail for the shoot.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!!! Incredible! I love this, but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at in some of the pictures as all I see is a head poppin' out of a cheetah's side or something. It's like a cheshire cat. She's well camo'ed by the cheetah print, but me thinks it accentuates the gorgeous hair and make up job. Well done!