Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Could Something the Size of a Flea Take So Much Out of Me?

So, judging by my sidebar you probably figured out the reason for my absence: I'm pregnant. Besides basking in the glow of this thrilling news, I have been spending a LOT of time in a horizontal position (even more so than I did pre baby, ha ha). I nap in the morning. I nap all afternoon. I'm ready to go to bed at 8:30. It's ridiculous! And although I'm doing my best to keep up a healthy exercise routine, I find myself *exhausted* after walking only 4-5 miles (which was something I had no problem doing pre-pregnancy).

According to my "Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Pregnancy" (or whatever that book is called) (give me the clinical reference any day over the fluffy "So You're About to be a New Mommy--Now What?" books), this child inside me is the size of a flea. I even created a growth chart and taped it to the fridge since Husband has no concept of all things baby. Therefore, I think my baby widget is wrong.

The question is, how could something so small make me so tired? I don't have morning sickness (yet) nor am I ravenous (yet). I'm just tired. *All* the time.

In my next blog, I'll write about how I broke the news to Husband. For some reason, he thought I was joking. It took me telling him FIVE TIMES to convince him that I was telling the truth. Imagine that!

Addendum: I almost forgot that Melek tagged me to reveal what's in my Coach purse (the same one that she carries). I will let the contents speak for themselves:

13 comments:

blog author said...

i think it's the workshop class that's making you so tired. i'm ready for bed at 9, and i'm definitely not pregnant :)

isnt there a book or something (maybe a classic) where the girl's name is Flea? maybe that's what you should name your little one....

Femme au Foyer said...

Well, I agree about the class but how does that explain Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday? I think I'm tired because my body's building the next UT baskeball player. That's right, I said it: I think I'm having a boy. And he'd better be tall, like his daddy. I'd hate to impose my height on my children.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I'm sooooo very, very happy for you and your hubby! I had no idea! I thought you were just slackin off with your blog and ignoring us for something more fun and exciting... errr well, I'm sure that it was - nevermind!

YAY! I've heard that people are really tired pre-silly-putty sized baby...

In this joyous event, I quickly went to send you an ecard but figured I'd just attach it to this emailed comment per reading further about hubby's response! hahaha

Anyways, I'm very happy for you! Love ya sistah!

blog author said...

i totally don't believe you about what's in your purse. i've seen you carry that thing around and it's bulging. what about your wallet? the one with the pink lining?

Femme au Foyer said...

Hey! You asked to show what was in the same Coach purse that you and I carry. You didn't say NUTHIN' about my red purse...

K said...

It'll all make more sense when you get used to the idea that you're nothing more than an incubator.. with raging hormones!!

Katie said...

BUT, like you said last week, you've already learned that "baby wants, baby gets". That's rule one of pregnancy. Baby wants Freebirds, a back rub and a pint of Haagen Das? Baby gets. Just like that!

Femme au Foyer said...

Right on! I've already extended that to other areas of my life as in, "Baby wants YOU to do the dishes" and "Baby's too tired to do the laundry!"

Thanks for the awesome pregnancy tip, Katie. I plan to stretch this to its limits!

Anonymous said...

I think you're having a girl, and let me tell you, the mom's almost always wrong. I guessed the correct sex for our sis-in-law's and five of my co-workers, so I'm 7 for 7. But she could still be tall enough to be a women's basketball player.

Femme au Foyer said...

Okay Little Sister, not sure where you get all this expertise but you're on: If I'm right, you have to move to Austin. If you're wrong, I'll let you move to Austin.

L said...

I saw the title of the blog and I said to myself..did i miss something? Apparently I did! Congratulations!

kay said...

you know i'm sooo super exited for you!!! just nap. you will wish you could store them up for after the baby comes!!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.