Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Letter from Nephew

Today I received a random letter in the mail from my four-year-old nephew. You know, the one who punched me in the gut when I explained to him that I am pregnant? Anyway, I can't decide whether or not this letter is meant for informational purposes only or if he is writing to appeal for my help in freeing his cat. Either way, I hate cats (which pits me against everyone else in my family) so this is clearly a problem. In fact, it gives me great pleasure to know that the cat in question is "trapped" and therefore cannot attack my head (this has happened a few times with other cats) or gouge my eyes out (hasn't happened yet but it very well could).




I am rather disturbed by the depiction of his mother in the far left corner of the illustration. Where are her arms? Her hair? Did the cat get them? Why is her head cocked to the side, an idiot's grin plastered across her face? My sister-in-law is no idiot, by God! And when did my young nephew learn to write so well?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard when I saw this blog,I almost forgot the little monkey sent that. The other day he wanted to mail a letter. So he told me what he wanted to say and then he drew a picture for his auntie. Perhaps in the picture the cat took my arms off for trapping it. Love ya

blog author said...

awesome! i love the notes from the nephews... both of mine send great ones with drawings and things pasted to them. and they always put their name on them. i guess that's in preparation for becoming a great artist...they're signing their work.

K said...

hahahahhah! Perhaps he wants 2 more cats?

tobacco brunette said...

That is hilarious. I wish I got notes like that, but I don't have any nieces or nephews, yet.

Did you ever find out the deal with the cat?

Anonymous said...

I don't think Older Brother likes cats either.