Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Creative Financing

"You know those baby bibs I bought at the consignment sale last Friday? The plastic ones that came in a pack of 14?" I asked Husband as I fixed dinner last night.

He glanced up from his reading material. "Sure."

"Well, something's wrong with them because they stink terribly. I noticed it when I opened up the package. I even tried washing them but their stench remained and even tainted the rest of the laundry so I had to throw them away. Maria even commented on it when she emptied the trash. They were made in China so Lord knows what's in them!"

"Well that's no good," Husband replied, "how much did you pay for them."

"Oh, they were only $2 so no big deal."

"A cup of coffee!" Husband declared. "You could just skip having a cup of coffee one day to make up for the loss."

I chewed on this thoughtfully for a moment.

"Better yet," I quipped, "We could just not feed the baby during one of his scheduled bottle feedings."

3 comments:

blog author said...

or husband could skip a meal....or a UT game! hahaha

K said...

hahahahah! We're back to not feeding you so that you don't have to produce the milk to feed junior!

Katie said...

Skip coffee?!? He's so funny, that husband of yours...