Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Baby Update

My older sis left a message the other day wanting to know how I'm doing and letting me know that she's been checking my blog. Obviously I haven't been as diligent about posting to it. No reason, really, except that I have this slave-driver Aussie boss who likes to send me random email at all hours requesting that I build spreadsheets with information that could just as easily be found in the pre-defined QuickBook reports (you know who you are).

Nah...I'm just kidding, really. I'm lucky if I log 7 hours per week at my bookkeeping job and that's somewhat too bad because I actually enjoy the work.

Speaking of crazy Australians, have you read this? Whatever you do, do NOT go to Australia and order a hot fudge sundae!

I have totally noticed that whenever I see something absolutely *crazy* in the news, it happened in Australia. Just an observation. Must be all those criminal genes.

In other news, we had our baby doctor appointment today where they performed another non-stress test to check Little Husband's heart rate (or whatever it is they are checking during this test). The baby doctor said his test results were "textbook beautiful". He also said that this baby doesn't appear to be coming out any time soon. "Oh, I predict he'll be here by Thanksgiving," the baby doctor said, "but I don't think he'll be early."

This was a tremendous relief to me and Husband. Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks pregnant and, quite simply, we're not ready! I mean, we're ready with the baby gear and the nursery and my hospital bag is packed and all that, but emotionally and intellectually and maturity-wise we are soooo not ready! You know, 'cause all that will magically change in three weeks...

9 comments:

K said...

No Mark, she's not referring to the one who is Aussie by injection.

And it won't change in a few weeks. In fact, you won't know when it changes.. one day you will look back in amazement and say, damn, we haven't killed him yet! That's when you will realize that you were ready!

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you got a job!

K said...

Happy 37 weeks!!

Even though I know you are 37 weeks.. there was something shocking about seeing your widget at 21 days!!

Anonymous said...

Can we switch jobs? I would love a slave driver boss to the three kids...You could fight for 20 minutes with the 2 year old to get him to nap (and he almost always does end up falling asleep for 3+ hours, so I don't know why he fights still) and I'll get the random calls at all hours to do spread sheets.
Alas, I'm waiting for Lil Husband eagerly, I've thought of a new nickname for him to prevent telephone confusion like we experienced with Dad and brother when we were younger.

Femme au Foyer said...

For the record (and because I have a paycheck coming), I was totally kidding about my boss. He's a great guy and super easy to work for and his wife, M2K2, is one of my best friends. In truth, I was grasping to find ways to insult him hence the spreadsheet example (which was weak at best, but was the worst thing I could come up with). In truth I generally can't find anything bad to say about my Aussie boss so I am reduced to finding news about other Aussies who've done wrong and flaunting these examples at him. He always remained unruffled so I, of course, step up my game to get under his skin. This is where I resort to exaggerations about spreadsheets in order to get under his skin. It never works, though.
The funny thing is that his wife is one of the wittiest people I've ever met. When we worked together with (or against, depending on your perspective) a bunch of ex-military guys, she ALWAYS got the last word when the inevitable insult wars started.
And I? I would cower in my cube, silently shaking with laughter while hoping that no one set their sites on me. I was never quick on the draw when it came to cutting people down.

Anonymous said...

Military arent witty, they are just repetitive.

blog author said...

only 21 days? holy crap, i need to pack my bag now! :)

and speaking of holy crap, i just read the 'hot fudge sundae' story...ha, FUDGE. totally gross. glad i was eating my lunch while i read it. :)

kay said...

i'm so slack on reading your blog! sorry!

happy halloween!

Anonymous said...

I think Femme came to work high on crack--so her recollection is foggy!

The reality is I just cursed a lot..