Monday, October 6, 2008

Coming to Terms

“I’m almost full term!” I declared to Husband as I set down my laptop and stood up to make my point. “Full term!” I declared again, leaning towards him, fists clenched, eyes like saucers.

Husband glanced up distractedly from his laptop. “Full term?” he indulged. (Really, he was busy and I was distracting him with my banalities.)

“Yes! Apparently full term is 37 weeks and I am almost full term. Wwwwow!”

And with that, I did what any normal pregnant woman would do in a moment of extreme excitement: I ran off to use the bathroom.

3 comments:

blog author said...

i didnt know 37 weeks was full term. what are those extra 3 weeks for then? just to see how much extra pregnancy fun you can endure?

Femme au Foyer said...

I didn't know it either! I just read it on someone else's blog and took it at face value. After reading your comment I actually took the time to research it and babycenter.com says it's so. If babycenter says it then it must be true, right? ;)

K said...

Holy crap. The REALLY good thing is that you can have Little Husband any second now and he won't be considered premature--at least not by gestational standards. As if the big belly, potty breaks, discomfort weren't enough of an indication, the calendar is showing that the inevitable is about to come. Holy crap!!