Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Way to Put the Spin in Cinna-Spins, Roo!

Well, I received my Girl Scout cookies yesterday. Just in time for the cold, rainy weather where there isn't a chance I'll be able to work off the additional calories (I refuse to join a gym and will only exercise outdoors). Upon receiving the cookies, I immediately opened them up to ‘test’ them. I could have sworn that when my little, blonde, six year-old nymph of a cousin (Roo) described the Cinna-Spins, she mentioned something about a cookie with chocolate fudge and vanilla icing. My immediate thought was, “Hmmm…chocolate, vanilla icing and—cinnamon? What an unusual combination. Not sure that I'll like them, but what the heck? It's for the Girl Scouts.” Roo swore (with saucer eyes) that they were “really good” and I couldn’t think beyond the chocolate and vanilla icing, so I went ahead and ordered them.

I knew I was in trouble when I saw the words “100 Calorie Packs” on the box. Look, I'm not in the business of writing Girl Scout cookie reviews, but these ones are nast. Miniscule, hard and tasteless (insert obvious pervy joke here). This is something you'd eat if you were on a diet and *desperately* needed a sugar fix. Well, maybe not even that. Since when did the words "Girl Scout Cookies" and "100 Calorie Packs" become compatible? I think never!

What I thought I iwas getting:



What I got:


A quick perusal of www.girlscoutcookies.org/meet_cookies.asp revealed no such chocolate/vanilla mix. I believe I was had by a six year-old.

12 comments:

kay said...

i can't believe you got your cookies already!! ours don't come until sometime next month! those girl scouts will get you every time. (i know i was one!)

so i see you are studying exponents. caleb and i worked on that today
check out this book

big numbers and pictures that show just how big they are. http://www.amazon.com/Big-Numbers-Edward-Packard/dp/0761312803

Femme au Foyer said...

My cousin had my usual order placed and ready to go without even asking me. This is why I got the cookies the day after I placed the order. Obviously, she had a surplus of the "Cinna-Spins" which is probably why she pushed them on me.

Freaking smart kid! She found a sucker and went for the jugular.

I DO need that big numbers book! My little cousin probably used it when she calculated how many cookies to order this year based on last year's numbers. Must not get outsmarted by a Girl Scout!

Femme au Foyer said...

Oh, and it's not lost on me that I'm being leveled by math problems that your *child* does without effort!

kay said...

i was not implying that!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh... those little minions of skinny evil! I've already kicked 5 of them on my way to run errands as your devoted retaliatory vengeance vigilante against the mini she-devils of the world! They get away with everything but no more, not this time! minus your little cousin, she probably didn't know. :)

Femme au Foyer said...

Email Mel,

You rock. Could you please place your next 'hit' on Macy's?

blog author said...

so, are those photos 'actual size?' if so, i can see how they'd make a 100 calorie pack out of them ;)

blog author said...

and i can't believe you blogged twice in one day!! i'm overjoyed!

Femme au Foyer said...

Melek,

Absolutely they are actual size. I've got one lodged between my teeth as I type this.

Oh, and the blogging twice in one day had everything to do with the six-hour study session I conducted today. I was procrastinating/stalling. My parents know nothing about that behavior! ;)

Femme au Foyer said...

Wait! So I'm sitting here thinking, "I blogged twice today? I only remember blogging once..."

Way to scam me, Girl Scout Mel! Are you taking lessons from Roo? I didn't blog twice today! You kid, you kid!

Anonymous said...

Good for our cousin! She obviously takes after me, I was always the top seller in my girl scout troupe, though it was not so much to do with my scamming people as it was dad taking the order form to work and getting people there to buy them, and of course having five older siblings to bug about it too.
Now it's my turn to be bombarded with girl scout cookie orders, my co-workers are bringing in their daughter's order forms now.
My starting to think procrastination is an inherited quality because I'm typing this as I'm trying to stall going to work....

Femme au Foyer said...

Karma, Toes, karma.

The worst part is, Roo isn't even a girl scout--her older sister is! So, she's pushing nasty, sandpaper cookies for no apparent reason.

NEXT year Roo will be legitimately selling cookies so watch out, Austin!