Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Probably You Should Call Me "Homme"...

I am a better handyman than housewife. This past weekend I tossed aside all duties of the housewife variety and donned a drill. Here's what I created:

A Laundry Center (okay, I did this last week, not weekend, but still I count it!) (note the blue shirt that I'm 'pretending like I'm ironing' which, in reality, I pulled out of the closet for the sake of this picture) (I'm hiding the scorch marks on the ironing board):



A place to hang the dogs' leashes (note the wall-mounted iron holder that is part of the Laundry Center):



A new dual-rod towel rack:



Shelves for our garage:



Here's what I did Friday, before I dreamed up all these ways to occupy my time:



I have loads of fun with that wig! I think for my next trick, I shall place it in the trunk with tufts of hair sticking out-- enough to make people think there's someone in there. Then I'll drive merrily around town.

In addition to organizing our house, we also ate well because:

1) Our friend "C" cooked on Friday night. It was awesome. I ate a ton. Enough to store up and see me through this week, and
2) We ate out on Saturday night as well, and
3) We ate out Sunday night too!

See how that works? I either pick up a drill or a spatula, but not both. Good things come out of the drill, baaaaad things come out of the spatula. My husband will probably set me to work building a fourth floor by the time he's had one month of my cooking!

Don't worry, I start a-cooking again this evening, so I'm sure it will be eventful!

4 comments:

kay said...

you need a crock pot my dear! you really can't ruin anything in one of those babies. mel has a link to a crockpot blog. awesome. and check out sprinkles and twinkles on my blog links. she has lots of great recipes there.

LOVE the shelves in the garage. i need those badly!!

blog author said...

WHOA!! i thought my sink was very impressive, but man, that shelving unit is something else. very nicely done.

and i'm envisioning you with a magical wand spatula and magical wand drill....good things like unicorns and fairies come out of the drill. bad things like gremlins and donald trump come out of the spatula.

(not sure why i chose donald trump...he was just the first one who popped into my head)

Anonymous said...

Here is a simple formula:

Non starch veggies + meat + marinade or salad dressing.

Grill or stir fry. Serve with bread.

Femme au Foyer said...

So, like, would bleu cheese dressing work?