Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Celebrations

Yesterday (which still feels like today since I am typing this at 1 am) I turned 37 and today Little Husband reached 24 weeks. A milestone for both of us since I don't like the number six and longed to reach the next age. As for Little Husband's milestone, well, it's always good when he turns a week older. Now I can sit comfortable knowing that I am officially 37 years old and that Little Husband has developed that much further.

I spent the day spending spa gift certificates which I found to be an excellent way to celebrate a birthday. My older sister eerily read my mind yesterday and sent me an e-giftcard for a one-hour off-the-charts pedicure. I literally opened the email minutes after thinking, "Oh yuck--I really need a pedicure!"

In other birthday news, the love of my life gifted me with a new love of my life--a full-size digital piano! I have wanted a piano ever since I was very, very young. Once upon a time my parents had an old, beat-up black upright but they got rid of it after repeatedly instructing my brother and sister and me not to bang on it (although our banging on it is probably not why they got rid of the piano). I loved banging on that piano and have missed it ever since.

After playing my piano for a few hours this evening I asked Husband if I could take it to bed with me but he said "no". He's unreasonable like that. I had to console myself by playing it for another hour after he went to bed. Now I need to give it a name...



Fortunately, this is not its permanent place of rest. The piano store sold husband the wrong stand so he is going to correct the situation after work today. He's also going to buy me a bench. Of course, in no time I will be playing like Harry Connick Jr. so a bench won't be necessary!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, since you can't name the baby Bevo, why not name the piano Bevo? Or one of the other names people came up with a few weeks ago.

Femme au Foyer said...

Hmmm...Bevo...not bad!

Femme au Foyer said...

Also, I decided that if we ever have a daughter I am going to name her Elle Cherie. If not, I could name my piano Elle Cherie!

K said...

What a wonderful husband!! Let us know when you plan to hold your first concert!

And, happy birthday, again!

blog author said...

yahoo!!!! i still think the video-ing of you playing is in order. be sure to post all your practice sessions :)

can't wait to come over and bang on it.

tobacco brunette said...

Happy birthday and happy milestone!!! And what a sweet birthday gift.

Femme au Foyer said...

Er...Melek? What you and you BF do in your home is your business but I don't want you doing the nasty on my brand new piano!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is a joke I thought would never come out of my sister's mouth!

Katie said...

I have always loved the name Elle! When I was little, I had a potty training book and the main character was Elle the Elephant. Or was it Ella? I don't know, anyway, I can't wait to see your first concert on your "not a keyboard"!

Very snazzy, by the way. Go Husband!

blog author said...

if you reread your post, you'll see that you and your brother and sister used to 'bang on it'....so i figured it'd be ok if me and JD did too.

you also said "I loved banging on that piano and have missed it ever since."

dirty girl.

Femme au Foyer said...

Yeah, I was wondernig if you'd notice that yet was hoping that you wouldn't. I guess I was fooled by all that blonde hair. ;)