Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Business Where?

It's 2 am and I'm suffering a little mid-trimester insomnia these days so I decided to peruse the Internet for information about Perdido Key, FL. Perdido Key is significant because we plan to take a trip there in August. I stumble upon one of those chamber web sites and start clicking on all the links to see where they will take me. I click on the "Local Services" link which lists local businesses such as tax accountants, photographers, etc. This picture actually accompanied a business that specializes in "Professional Business Coaching".



I'm not saying she looks bad by any stretch, because she doesn't. I'm just saying that if someone coached me into that hairstyle, those sunglasses and that tank top under the guise of "polishing my professional image", I'd want my money back.

Then again, if I looked like her I probably wouldn't need my money back because I would have picked up some rich, Floridian retiree.

And while we're polishing our professional image, how about we polish the cover of that laptop!

9 comments:

marthamisdemeanor said...

Bah ha ha! Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

Well, hmm, wow, I think I wouldn't even sign up for their services if that's their idea of professional.

blog author said...

you sure this wasn't a photo from Dallas or maybe New Jersey in the 80's?? What's up with that HAIR? wow.

K said...

hahahah! I really don't get the connection with Professional Business Coaching and that photo!

Katie said...

That's funny, we used to go to Perdido Key every summer when I was little!

Also, I don't know why you *wouldn't* want that hairstyle. It SCREAMS professional! Well, that and super trendy!

Anonymous said...

She must have skipped the mirror on the way out there.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of another website, Mommymixer.com, for babysitters. Their unique idea is to have a bunch of parents and potential babysitters all meet at a gathering. Its a good idea but what bothers me is the pictures from the actual gatherings show some of the babysitters wearing low cut tops. They are fashionable to be sure, but I am not sure low cut is the kind of impression a baysitter should make unless she plans on nursing.

Femme au Foyer said...

Ha ha, Blank, now that's funny! I told Husband about this and he laughed and declared it to be an interesting idea to which I replied, "Yeah, well if a babysitter in a low-cut top waltzes into our home, then I'm picking out a new yard guy!

Incidentally, I just checked out the web site and what's with the wussy, sissy-prissy-pants outfit on that little boy?!?

Anonymous said...

Yeah that does look very gay