Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ready or Not, Here He Comes!

It's inevitable: Little Husband will be arriving on Thursday. I'm glad that it's Thursday because Wednesday is Charles Manson's birthday and I don't want our precious child to share a birthday with Charles Manson. Who would?

Anyhow, I type this from my bed as I have officially been assigned bedrest due to early signs of preeclampsia. They're hardly noticeable, really, except for all the panting and wheezing that goes on whenever I climb the stairs (or put on a pair of pants). You'd think I gained 150 pounds, the way I carry on.

Anyway, we check into the hospital tomorrow night and on Thursday morning they begin induction. I am terrified of a long, painful labor but several friends got wind of this and have been calling with all sorts of calming advice. I'm much better now. I'm blessed with some incredible friends.

Wish me luck, my friends, as I segue into another chapter of my life. The most exciting and rewarding one, to be certain.

3 comments:

deanna said...

How incredibly exciting, and wonderful!

Will be thinking of you with the foreknowledge that all will be well. =)

blog author said...

i'm soooooo exited to go thru this with you!!! can't wait til thursday!

K said...

Ambien is a b*tch! I missed this post yesterday!

Best of everything to you! You are going to be an amazing mom!!!