Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Growing Up

This morning was a series of "firsts" for Little Husband. This was a bright spot on an otherwise groggy morning as I was kept awake until 2 am by a certain snoring/kicking someone who will remain nameless.

The first "first" was that Little Husband pushed himself up into a sitting position all by himself. He's probably a little behind on this baby benchmark but hey, it's hard to do push-ups when you're recovering from open-heart surgery.

The second "first" was this (you might want to lower your volume as my high-pitched squeals are annoying even to me):



The third "first" are his two lower teeth that are starting to come in (for sure this time). My gummy-smile baby is growing up, sob! I need to get some professional baby photos ASAP!

The last--and saddest--"first" I will blog about in another post.

Hmmm...perhaps it's time to rethink that second baby I've been so against.

7 comments:

K said...

So, so adorable!

You're cracking already!!? :) Two is way, way harder than one for a while.. then one day you'll get a ginormous sandwich hug and you'll start to wonder what you were bitching about.

Katie said...

I'm glad to hear that, Kelly. I was beginning to think that I had been punk'd on this whole 2 kid thing.

blog author said...

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! he is so. adorable. sweet sweet little thomas.

Femme au Foyer said...

Kelly - Don't get too excited--I change my mind every few hours. Still, it's good to hear that two kids can be rewarding. Oh, and I'll call you today!

Katie - I am terrified of having a second kid although you make it seem effortless. It's no secret that you're better than me so perhaps I shouldn't hold myself up to you as a standard.

Mel - LH misses him some Sassy!

Upside Down in Mississippi said...

Oh, thanks for sharing!! He is just so adorable. I love his little waving.

R said...

I love the video, he looks like he gets tired mid-enthusiastic wave though, his hand just starts to droop then he recovers to wave some more!

K said...

I just watched this again.. he is so adorable..

but I needed to comment.. I LOVE YOUR HIGH-PITCHED SQUEALS! And, you have the best laugh!!!