Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Feeling Old

I was emailing a prospective sitter and I noticed that her email address was her last name, first initial and the number 85. "85"? I asked myself. "I wonder what that stands for? She's a senior in college, so it can't be the year that she graduated. Perhaps it's the year that her dad graduated from high school or college. That would be weird, though. Why would she include her dad's graduation year in her email address?"

After a few more minutes of musing, it hit me: 85...the year that she was born.

4 comments:

blog author said...

yep, that's why mine is firstname+lastname+13...the year i was born. ok, maybe the DAY i was born, but some days, it FEELS like i was born in 1913 :)

R said...

That girl is only 2 years younger than me. I feel old when I mention a TV show I used to watch as a kid (i.e. "The Cosby Show," "Full House") to my teenage students and they all look at each other and then me with completely blank expressions like "What the hell is she talking about???" Or they say "OH! I've seen that on TV LAND!"

supermonkey said...

LOL, I personally would blame it on baby brains. Baby brains never go away. Don't look at it as getting old but that you are getting more beautiful each day.

Love ya SIL

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

LOL! You know, I've done this before, gone "what could that number stand for?" only to have it hit me that, duh, it's the year they were born or the year they graduated from hs/college, etc.