Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year

2008 was an incredible year for me and Husband. I was laid off from a job that I didn't know I hated until I was laid off. I got pregnant soon thereafter. Husband and I traveled extensively. And we welcomed Little Husband into this world.

Makes me almost scared for what's to come in 2009. How will it ever compare?

Tonight was one of the best New Year's Eves I've ever had. It was refreshingly simple: we went over to a friend's house for a dinner party. They were cool enough to let us bring the baby. It was a night filled with great stories, a lot of laughter and much relaxation.

I met some very inspiring people tonight. I met a woman who manages a home where children with terminal cancer go to live out their last days. I met a man who develops unique propeties all over Austin. The host is an entrepreneur whose product is designed to help advance the Hispanic community. Husband just got promoted at work.

And I? I can't think of one single significant contribution I've made in my life, except this:



Time to change that. As a rule, I don't make New Year's resolutions but I'll make an exception this time. My resolution is to spend the next year figuring out how I'm going to put my stamp on this world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Volunteering for a cause you believe in is a good start. And look, you have cute bundle of inspiration, tech savvy and a some working knowledge of psychology to help you figure that out...In case you can't tell, I have a very specific idea for you.

Femme au Foyer said...

Lay it on me, Little Sista! I've been mulling over your comment and I cannot for the life of me figure out what your idea is.

Katie said...

Yeah, I can't figure it out either. I assumed that you guys had some inside joke, but I'm really interested to hear what it is!

Anonymous said...

Do some research and create a website for people's whose children were born with TofF. The info out there is garbled, and I'm sure people would like a one-stop shop for information including doctors in different states, support groups, etc.