Friday, January 9, 2009

Milk Monster and Me

At noon today Husband and I took The Milk Monster (TMM) to the Alamo Drafthouse to watch a movie. TMM did not care about the movie (Marley and Me) opting instead to sleep the entire time. Husband and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch and a hilarous movie. Well, I thought it was hilarious although I seemed to be the only one laughing: I was that moron in the back row laughing loud. Of course, I cried a river during the sad parts--how could I not with all these post natal hormones surging through my body? Side bar: what exactly does "natal" mean? I'm familiar with the state of being pre-natal and post-natal but I don't ever remember being natal. Anyway, I want to thank The Drafthouse for introducing "Baby Day" during Tuesday and Friday matinee shows. I can now take the baby to the movies without judgment. I can also eat a fabulous meal while I watch the movie. I will not have to join the ranks of new parents who proudly (or sadly) declare that they haven't seen a movie or read a book since their baby was born (I read when I nurse, eat, take a bath, blow-dry my hair and any other opportunity I can find to do so).

Anyway, in honor of this momentous event, I dressed Little Husband like Husband (hey--it's better than dressing him like Little Lord Fauntleroy).

After the movie we went to an outdoor coffee shop near our house.



Much like his daddy, Little Husband has important work to do, even while at home. Unlike Daddy, Little Husband does not tolerate interruptions. Here he is with his new laptop. Did you need something?



Little Husband is a big believer in a work/life balance:




Life's not all about work and play. One must exercise as well. Little Husband enjoys a good walk from time-to-time:

10 comments:

blog author said...

awwww, i love the pics! whenever i see little husband, he's asleep or being held. i didnt know he actually got online and layed on his colorful mat :) so, you say marley and me, huh? i dont think i can do it... i read most of the book and couldn't finish it. i think it's too close to home for me.
love that you dressed LH like big Husband :)

Rosie's Sister said...

haha always with that tongue out!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what you dressed LH in for the movie is much better than that other outfit. I was thinking of coming down the first full week in April, arriving that Monday and leaving Friday (I think I have classes both weekends, hence the odd arrival and departure dates), and I was telling Boyfriend about the drafthouse, so we can go to baby day on that Tuesday perhaps...And, if we're lucky, LH will be drooling a lot for BF too; he's not quite sure what to do about drool but he likes to cuddle babies!
Oh, and starting him on the "laptop" at this age is important, got to keep him ahead of the curb :O)

Anonymous said...

Thats great you are taking him out now. Frank and I found it was alot easier to take Little Bear out when he was an infant b/c he just slept and ate. Wait until LH is 2yrs old. Its gets a little bit harder to go out, but then again I know LH is going to be the perfect child. So go out as much as you can now with him.
Love the pictures. Rose is right starting him on the "laptop" is important. Look at Little Bear and how awesome he is on the computer.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes please don't dress him up as little lord fauntl...(can't spell) I know we had that discussion over the summer. I get chills just thinking about it. LOL

Anonymous said...

PS, natal is considered to be synonymous with birth, so technically, you were natal at the moment you gave birth to LH.

Katie said...

I love that smile, how sweet! Will liked the pictures, too. He kept saying "Hi Baby! Hi Baby! Tickle tickle, baby! HI!"

Magen said...

Wow! He looks so much like Tom! What a little doll. I am jealous you took advantage of the Baby Day. I was never able to coordinate it in time. Now there is NO WAY the twins would sit through a film.

Rosie's Sister said...

The last pic reminds me of MasterBlaster.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/Kimballdavenport/Mad20Max.jpg

Femme au Foyer said...

Little Sister, you're always welcome! Can't wait to have you!