Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not-Exactly-a-Baby Bjorn

I realize that I am seriously challenged in all things baby and my complacent attitude hasn't helped matters any (I haven't read more than a few pages of the 20+ baby books that my wonderful friends graciously lent me) but I must admit that I am outright annoyed by how complicated most baby gear is. Usually I can just look at something and figure out how it works. Not where baby gear is concerned! The other morning I decided to take my Baby Bjorn for a test drive using The Little Rabblerouser as a model and I failed miserably. I couldn't instantly figure out how the straps connect so I just made up my own (extremely incorrect) way of connecting them. The result was a rather unhappy, uncomfortable, lop-sided passenger:



Not to be crude, but since only adults read my blog I will make an exception: Husband took one look at this picture and remarked that I need to "trim the hedge", so to speak. We're so classy.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me a few glances to figure out what he was talking about! I think that I read most of my baby books when Will was sleeping. Prior to that, it didn't seem real enough to actually bother with, even with the massive belly that I rested my snacks on.

blog author said...

TRIM THE HEDGES!!! omg. i totally cannot picture TGD saying that. how funny.... but he's exactly right. you seriously need a little 'snip snip' girl...i mean damn! ;)

poor bun. she doesn't look comfy.

kay said...

hahahaha!!!!

i agree with you on the baby bjorn directions. i got so pissed off at mine i got a sling instead. hmmm...can you say baby gift?

tobacco brunette said...

LOL. Trim the hedges indeed. I have to admit I didn't notice that upon first glance, but am glad your husband did. Nice to start Monday morning with a laugh.

And good luck with that Bjorn thing. Looks complicated - maybe I better get mine now and start practicing.

Anonymous said...

That's one way to use a Baby Bjorn. Yeah, those things are way too complicated, the fabric slings are easier not to mention allow baby to nod off in a more comfortable position. As for husband, who knew he had it in him to say something like that!

K said...

Did my husband rub off on your husband?

The baby bjorn is tough, but I loved it once I got used to it. I like that the baby can go either way-facing in or out. It was awesome when navigating through an airport, much better than lugging a stroller. It'll be good when he's older too, provided he isn't too heavy.

supermonkey said...

That is too funny. And whats funnier is that your husband said that. The things we learn.
As for the baby bjorn, never used it b/c I was umm hmm, too big on top. But your little brother used it alot with the little monkey.

And with the baby books, just read what you want and the rest will come naturally to you. You do great with Joey and you didn't read a book for him.

Anonymous said...

OMG!LMAO! I didn't even notice til I read Husband's comment! That's going in the family Xmas card for sure!