Monday, July 20, 2009

Distracted

With so much to do between closing on our new house and selling our current one, I find myself quite distracted with mental lists of everything I need to accomplish. This was illustrated perfectly this morning as I stepped out of the shower and grabbed my face toner. I poured it onto a cotton pad and began to vigorously wipe it all over my face. A split-second later the smell hit me: instead of grabbing my toner, I'd grabbed my nail polish remover. Naturally it was the super industrial strength salon-grade one that lists acetone as its first ingredient. Now that the burning has subsided I can objectively say that my skin looks great! My oil glands don't know what hit them!

6 comments:

Rosie's Sister said...

I'll have to try it!

blog author said...

ouch! that doesn't sound fun. like the time i grabbed the Soft Soap instead of the creamy eye makeup remover. That HURT.

Femme au Foyer said...

I've totally done that, Mel! It was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced! It felt like I had glass shards in my eyes.

K said...

Thanks goodness I'm not the only one that does crap like that.

I did hear of someone brushing their kids death with butt paste instead of toothpaste. Ewww.

kay said...

yikes! people will think you just are peeling from a bad sunburn!

can't wait to see the new house!!!!!

Tobacco Brunette said...

Congrats on the new house. We got one, too!

Sorry about the burning face, tho.

XO