Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shhhhh...

Guess who's on his 8th straight hour of sleep?

Guess who popped awake after six straight hours of sleep and now, at 4 am, cannot go back to sleep? Don't feel sorry for me, this is the longest stretch of sleep that I've had in ages. I feel like I could go run a marathon or something!

The irony is, over the past few weeks I've tried every trick under the sun to get Little Husband to sleep longer than 3 or 4 hours. Last night I tried nothing; my bag of tricks was empty. I simply stuck LH in bed and that was it. No schedules, no Ferber, no rice cereal, no nothing. I am particularly grateful that he's sleeping so long because Husband is out of town and I was dreading handling all the night wakings myself.

Guess who just woke up? He must have sensed that I was about to start getting productive.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on all the sleep!

Something must have been in the air last night, Will almost slept through the night, too! He woke up once at 1am and I was tough Mommy and just put him back to bed. Guess what? He slept until 7:30!

Beats Thursday night when he woke up at 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am and then finally at 6am.

We'll see what tonight brings... it really is a crapshoot.

blog author said...

woohoo! 8 hours straight for him...that's very promising!

K said...

Yay! See, if you try enough stuff, he forgets the original habit you were trying to break!!