Thursday, February 19, 2009

Little Husband Update

Little Husband is still in the ICU but is doing very well! His breathing and drainage tubes have been removed and he actually drank 4 oz of Pedialyte this evening. The next step is to get him to drink breast milk. This should be no problem---Little Husband was dubbed The Milk Monster for a reason!

Even though he continues to improve and show us just how vigorous he truly is, the doctors do not expect him to leave the ICU and go to the normal pediatric floor until sometime this Saturday. This is good as two of our (and his) favorite pediatric nurses don't work until Saturday.

As you can imagine, Husband and I have taken more pictures of Little Husband in the past week than we have in all the time leading up to this hospital stay. Here are a few...

This is Little Husband with Laura, his favorite nurse. Little Husband definitely has "a thing" for blonds. This picture was taken the day before his surgery and we can't wait to see him smiling and flirting again.


This is him two days before surgery holding his own pacifier which is a rarity. Usually I have to stand there and hold it in his mouth for him. This kid's not spoiled one bit, no siree!



Here he is this afternoon in the ICU, just before drinking the Pedialyte...


...and here he is after the Pedialyte looking like a Ninja. Go Baby Power!

8 comments:

marthamisdemeanor said...

Awww... Love the pics! I normally don't go crazy over babies, and I promise that I don't say a baby is adorable if they're not. HE'S STINKIN' SOOOO ADORABLE!

Hang in there momma (and poppa)! As my great aunt used to say, this too shall pass! And he will be back to his wild ways with the laaaaadies! Kisses & hugs!

Christy said...

He is so cute and I am so glad he made it through the surgery.

We have to go to Dallas children's weekly and it is such a great/amazing place.

Thoughts and prayers are with you for a very speedy recovery

Katie said...

I love those pictures, he is such a little charmer! I didn't realize that the nurse was a blonde, my monitor made her look brunette. Boys and those blondes, I tell ya...

I love that picture of him holding his pacifier, it is just so cute!!

Tara said...

Bless his little soul, he's adorable.

blog author said...

such a doll! and of course he loves blondes....a blonde was one of the first people to hold him, remember?? :))

K said...

What a sweetie!! He's thinking.. "See, you guys were all worried for nothing!" as he plots what he's going to next.. "maybe I'll do the standard pee when they change me routine.. or step it up a bit and poop." I think you're screwed. I picture him walking around pounding on his chest.. telling the other four year olds how he breezed through open surgery while they were crying over getting their fingernails trimmed.

On a different note--I thought the nurse in the photo was a blonde Shannon D. Probably just the angle, but I had to do a double take.

I'm so glad this weight has been lifted and you guys can get on with the rest of your beautiful lives. Look out world..

K said...

and then he'll tell him how he kicked open *heart* surgery's ass.

deanna said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm think of your little sweetie and am so very proud of him! He is one tough little boy!