Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Football! Basketball!

Lately Husband has taken to lying his head gently on my belly at bedtime while talking to our son. Oftentimes Little Husband will move around and "thump" at Husband's head which never fails to delight us. Last night, however, Little Husband was steadfastly unmoving as we tried to cajole him into responding to our voices.

Then husband started talking about the upcoming football season and my son became a whirling dervish.

Tonight Husband laid his ear against my belly and again started talking to the baby but there was no movement. Then, as a test, husband said, "Football". The baby thumped against Husband's ear so hard that it physically moved his head! "Football! Basketball!" Husband called out. Thump thump replied the baby. I was incredulous yet laughing to the point of tears.

My hope is that the baby was responding to the excitement in Husband's voice as he named off his two favorite sports. My *fear* is that I am surrounded by sports nuts and will never again have control of the TV remote!

8 comments:

marthamisdemeanor said...

You shouldn't be worried, you have skills to wire stuff right? Just re-wire the remote to control husband's car window, trunk door, etc. hahaha :)

blog author said...

hahahaha...perfect answer martha! i think you should do that anyway...what a great practical joke.

i love that the baby responds to Husband. that must make him feel so good. Did you try putting your hand on your belly and saying "Shoes" "Mall" "MIGAS!!" ? i'd love to see how baby responds to that.

blog author said...

and OMG!! only 84 more days???

kay said...

oh you can pretty much guarantee you won't be in charge of anything once little husband gets here!!

i can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

If Little Husband is anything like the 2 yo I watch, then get ready. The 2 yo took on his dad and brother's sports enthusiasm and already knows how to accurately shoots baskets and play baseball. He is a constant source of momentum.

Femme au Foyer said...

Oh holy cow---now the counter's down to 80!!! Quick--SOMEONE GET ME SOME DIAPERS!!!! I'M NOT READY!!!!!

Femme au Foyer said...

Er, regarding my last comment I meant diapers for Little Husband, not me.

K said...

hahahahahhaha! I'll send matching diapers for you both.. hmmm, all 3 even. Husband should be starting to sh@t himself soon enough.