Friday, June 26, 2009

A Baby Called "Head"

When Husband was in high school he was one of those guys that stood 5'11" and weighed 135 lbs---a true bean pole. Unfortunately, his head didn't get the message about staying in proportion with his body so it grew and grew and grew. This was the 70's so his big 'fro of curly hair didn't exactly help matters. From what Husband tells me, he looked like a lollipop. As we all know, kids can be cruel and the kids at his school--where Husband was a minority--were no exception. In order to keep from getting his a$$ kicked on a daily basis, Husband took up basketball and became friends with all the guys on the team. A wise move. Still, that didn't prevent his new found "friends" from teasing him and one day, as he was walking down the hall, he heard one of his teammates call out, "Hey--that's the dude they call 'Head'".

The guy was talking about Husband.

Fast forward to June 26th, 2009 where I am sitting at my laptop furiously inputting Little Husband's measurements (taken today) into a Baby Growth Percentile Calculator. Here's what it came back with:

Height - 25th percentile
Weight - less than 5th percentile
Head - greater than 95th percentile

Look familiar?

We're installing a basketball hoop pronto!

5 comments:

blog author said...

i had a big head too. i looked more like a q-tip tho (with the blonde hair).

Katie said...

Ha! Will is the same way! He's always been in the 90th percentile for his head size. He gets it from my side of the family. I used to call my brothers "blowpop" and "q-tip". Unfortunately, they're not athletic and big hair also runs in our family!

Oh, and before you think that I was mean for teasing my brothers for their larger than life noggins, I was a very very late bloomer and stayed in the awkward stage for longer than most people. They called me Hips-optamus and routinely scolded me for "making the wall jealous".

I was the victim, really. ;-)

Rosie's Sister said...

Yeah I kind of thought Tommy had a big head but I didn't want to say anything.

Katie said...

SO funny, I was just checking your blog this morning to see if there was anything new and Will looked over my shoulder and said "Hey look! Little Husband! HI Little Husband! Crazy baby AAAAAAHH!"

Femme au Foyer said...

Katie, that's too funny! For everyone else, Will called LH "Crazy baby" because LH and I went to visit Katie and her kids and LH unleashed his feral cat cry. He did it so many times that it alarmed Will, Katie's little boy.